- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 12-13-2017
You are likely already aware of how harmful UV rays from the sun are to your vision and the skin around your eyes. HEV or “high energy visible” blue light is emitted from the sun as well as via artificial light sources and LED screens. This light penetrates deeper into your eye’s anatomy potentially having long-term adverse effects, particularly if you are already in a high-risk category for macular degeneration.
Fortunately technology is keeping up with the risks to our vision. You already put on sun screen before you go to the beach and a helmet before riding your bike. We now have eyeglass lenses that offer excellent protection for your eye health and vision. Here are four things you need to know:
1. Light reactive lens are a great “one pair for most situations” solution. That means your glasses will quickly go dark to a sun lens* outside and fade back to clear indoors. These lenses perform consistently in all seasons, weather conditions and temperatures too!
2. Your eye health will benefit from UV radiation and HEV blue light protection outdoors when exposed to the sun and indoors when exposed to compact florescent lighting, computer, LED, tablet and smartphone screens.
3. A fashion trend is on the way to the U.S. market. 80% of sun lenses sold in Europe are brown. With our deep rich Bronze Brown you will be out ahead of this trend. In addition the color contrast is very soothing.
4. Scratches will be a thing of the past. The treatment we use is more durable than glass and stands up to the abuse that even a rambunctious kid can hand out! These lenses are so good you have a 2-year scratch replacement warrantee.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Sacopee Valley Eye Care
All patient's can save 20% on a second complete pair of glasses!
|Monday||9 AM||5 PM|
|Tuesday||9 AM||5 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM||5 PM|
|Friday||9 AM||5 PM|
|Saturday||9 AM||1 PM|
|9 AM||9 AM||10 AM||Closed||9 AM||9 AM||Closed|
|5 PM||5 PM||5 PM||Closed||5 PM||1 PM||Closed|
Exams are by appointment